Creamy Mashed Potatoes
This is a great „special occasion“ potato recipe. You can save time on the special day by making it the day before. Refrigerate, and then just pop in in the oven to heat before dinner. To make ahead, complete up to step 3, cover and refrigerate. To reheat from cold, add about 15 minutes to the cooking time.
- 6 potatoes (about 2½ lbs.)
- Small package (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Additional butter and paprika
- Peel and boil potatoes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and seasonings. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish. Dot the top with butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and heat at 350 degrees F. until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Now You’re Cooking