Spiced Apple Muffins
A great muffin choice for fall! Choose one of the many varieties of apples available from our orchards. This muffin recipe combines the apples with cinnamon and nutmeg – your kitchen will smell great, and they taste great too. Quick and easy to whip up a batch to enjoy fresh from the oven.
- 2 cups flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled, chopped apple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices. Stir in the apple.
- Combine egg, milk, and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Now You’re Cooking